Be Still My Soul

10:59:00 PM

This post will be brief, but I feel like I need to unleash a few thoughts that have been circling my mind for the last few days. I’ve been deeply saddened by the hurtful, demeaning, and inappropriate comments that I have seen on social media regarding the recent change to the LDS handbook.  Whether you disagree or agree, bashing someone else’s opinion and faith is hurtful. Although the posts and comments that I have seen are not directed towards me specifically, they have been taken personally.  As a devoted member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, I strongly believe that we are all entitled to our own opinions (regarding the recent announcement or not) and not one opinion is better than the other. However, that does not mean that a vocalized opinion should be degrading and patronizing- this goes both ways- for those that agree and those that disagree. I surely don’t have everything figured out, but I know that I believe in the gospel of Jesus Christ and I fully support the leaders of my faith and know that any change or announcement that is made is coming straight from the mouth of my Heavenly Father. While I wish I better understood the reasoning behind everything, I do know that because of MY faith and beliefs I will better understand one day. I hope that we can all be sensitive to the heartache that some are going through, but can also be sensitive towards the beliefs of others.  


xoxo,
Shea

You Might Also Like

0 comments